Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
PRP therapy helps to accelerate and promote the body ‘s natural healing and rejuvenation process.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy?
A method of treatment in which the patient’s blood (15mk) is collected and undergoes centrifugation, spinning, for around 4 minutes in order to concentrate and activate the platelet count.
The plasma then will be separated from red blood cells and it is this portion (PRP) that will be injected back into patients.
Once injected, the platelets become activated to release growth factors that attract stem cells to produce health skin cells and new collagen.
Frequently asked questions
How many treatments are required?
This will depend upon the health and age of your skin. Normally it is advised to have 3 treatments 4 to 6 weeks apart.
How long do the treatments last for?
Are results instant?
Yes, results are instant, however swelling is a common side effect from dermal fillers.
They will settle and improve over the following 2-4 weeks post treatment.
How long do the results last?
Lighter dermal fillers generally last 6-9 months, and deeper dermal fillers (cheeks/ jawline etc) last 18-24 months.
Are the results immediate?
Expectations for PRP
- Results are visible at 2-3 weeks (superficial) and improve gradually over ensuing months with improvement in texture and tone.
- Cosmeceutical and light therapies can enhance the results.
- A minimal improvement is predictable in persons with alcohol and tobacco abuse.
- Severe scarring may not respond.
- Further plasma treatment is also popular and safe. PRP – ACR is effective and well tolerated, but patient selection is important if predictable results are to be expected.
AREAS THAT CAN BE TREATED
Around the eyes
Cheeks and mid face
Thinning skin on the neck
Back of hands
Knees, elbows, upper arms, post-baby tummy
Combined with lasers
Combined with skin needling